So it was a rare late morning/early afternoon and I had roughly about 20 minutes of alone time (both kids were napping) before my son would wake.
During these sporadic moments, I try and catch up on reading whether it’s with a book or a magazine. I typically avoid the television during my alone time but something told me to look at the channel guide—and then I saw it: 10 Things I Hate About You was on.
I can’t resist a Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie, especially a vintage one so I settled back on my couch and hoped my kids would let me watch a good chunk of it.
Evidently, I’m not embarrassed to admit this is one of favorite movies. It’s silly, it’s fun, it’s a good no need for deep thinking movie, and it inspired today’s post : )
Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- Spanish was my first language growing up but I was an English major in college and am now an English teacher. Being bilingual rocks!
- My brother and I were born in the same year, he in January and me in December. Clearly, I was an oops baby.
- My favorite book is Where The Red Fern Grows and I cry every time I read it and I’ve read it too many times to count.
- There were 600+ people at my wedding
- I once danced Michael Jackson’s Thriller in front of hundreds of people.The dance class at my high school sometimes asks teachers to perform at assemblies and for Homecoming this was the dance of choice. I couldn’t pass up this amazing opportunity. Seriously, the perks of being a teacher.
- My husband and I love basketball so much we chose our wedding day, October 23, in honor of Michael Jordan and also because it was before the NBA basketball season started.
Also, I love that I met Bill Simmons who started as a basketball/sports blogger and is now a commentator for ESPN.
- I hate water. As in the ocean, lakes, swimming pool… I don’t like that I can’t see what my feet are touching and thinking about all the people that have been in the pool I’m considering getting into grosses me out. I would never want a house with a pool either because it’s too much maintenance and I’m lazy for those types of things.
- I had (have?) a serious soda addiction. I would drink about a 6 pack a day and in college it was that plus a few Big Gulps.Coca Cola. Don’t even think about offering me a Pepsi.
- I like Meatloaf. Not the food.
- I’ve written before that I’m an oxymoron in so many ways. I’m old school and am very reluctant when it comes to new technology. I’m always the last one to buy whatever was “in” and then never learn to use it to its full capacity nor care. But, technology fascinates me.
–What is one interesting thing about you or that you’ve done?
–Do you share any of my idiosyncrasies?