So one of my faves, Hailey @StridingStrong, tagged me in a fun About Me post where I share 4 things on different topics.
I was looking forward to linking up again with the DC Trifect ladies, Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney, and when I saw their Friday Five topic was an About Me, I figured, why not add a +1 to Hailey’s post?? I mean, you all wouldn’t mind getting some extra Helly info, right?? 😀
Okay, here goes!
4 (+1) Names People Call Me
1. Peke (short for “pequena” which means “little” in Spanish)–I’m the youngest of 3 siblings
2. Helly–My real name is actually Angelica (the ‘g’ sounds like an ‘h’) and my college girlfriends decided it was too long and shortened it to Helly
3. Hells–My name to close friends
4. Mrs. B–My teacher name 🙂
5. Mama–My favorite name ❤
4 (+1) Jobs I’ve Had
1. Tutor–I tutored in high school. It’s like I always knew I wanted to teach.
2. Boot Seller–I also worked at a western store during high school where I sold cowboy hats, boots, and saddles. Yep, I wore Wranglers and the whole bit 😀
3. Sales–I worked at a few high fashion stores in college. I love, love, love dressing up and wearing heels and I had some of the best times working in the fashion industry.
4. Waitress–I got a job working at a sports bar/restaurant and it was the best because I never missed any basketball games working the late shifts.
5. Teacher–Still have this job and I love it so very much.
4 (+1) Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once
1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Tommy Boy
3. Forrest Gump
4. Gone In 60 Seconds
4 (+1) Books I’d Recommend
1. The Last Lecture (great non-fiction book–get your tissues ready)
2. The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns (same author)
3. Anything by Jeffrey Deaver (if you like suspense/mystery/horror)
4. Nothing (good, albeit disturbing, YA book)
5. Where The Red Fern Grows (my favorite book from childhood 🙂 )
4 (+1) Places I’ve Lived
1. My hometown in southern AZ
2. Phoenix, AZ
3. Tempe, AZ
4. Scottsdale, AZ
5. I’ve never lived outside of AZ. You can’t move me from here ❤
4 (+1) Places I’ve Been
4. Puerto Rico
5. Costa Rica
I’ve been fortunate to travel to some pretty cool places.
4 (+1) Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
1. San Francisco–my husband and went last year and had one of, if not the best, trips ever
2. Ohio–I miss my brother and sister
3. Baltimore, Maryland–Salt. ‘Nuff said.
4. Chicago, Il–the next cool place I want to visit (and race!)
5. Home–I’m currently at work.
4 (+1) Things I Don’t Eat
1. Peanut Butter
2. Ranch dressing
4. Cooked carrots
5. Pecans 😦 This is a new allergy
4 (+1) Of My Favorite Foods
1. Bread. Any kind. That includes tortillas.
2. David’s BBQ Sunflower seeds. The addiction is real.
3. Red chili tamales. Mexican food in general. Tacos.
4. The Caribou sub sandwich from our local sub shop, Silvermine’s (ooh, and their broccoli cheese soup!)
5. Pizza. With just pepperoni.
Story. Yesterday, I went to a local pizza shop near work and ordered my usual, 3 slices and a soda. It was a new guy I didn’t recognize behind the counter and upon placing my order, he says, “Are you sure? That’s a lot of food.”
Um, yeah, I’m sure.
4 (+1) TV Shows I’ve Watched
1. Mickey Mouse Club House
2. Doc McStuffins
4. Princess Sophia
5. Mickey Mouse Club House
Our house only has one channel.
4 (+1) Things I’m Looking Forward To This Year
1. My little girl turning 3!
2. My little guy turning 2!
3. Phoenix Marathon
4. Chicago Marathon??? (I hope I get in!)
5. The unknown 🙂
4 (+1) Things I’m Always Saying
1. “Seriously?” (or “Really?”)
2. “I’m hungry.” (like, all the time)
3. “There’s a reason I don’t teach elementary school.” (to my students when they’re being squirrely)
4. “Besitos!” (asking my kids for kisses 🙂 )
5. “It was on sale.” (to my husband, always)
I’m supposed to tag people, but I’d so much rather YOU choose something from the list to tell me!
I hope everyone has a good weekend! I’m supposed to do 20 miles tomorrow –eeek!!!